Monday, March 02, 2009

Ugh, weather

Since I've been back in Taiwan, it's been amazingly warm and sunny- like tons of days in the high 80s, most in the low 80s. Crazy. Last year I was shivering in 3 sweaters. I hadn't felt rain until today and only heard it once. The annoying thing is, you look at the weather and almost every day it's a chance of showers but it never rains.

I've been riding my bike to work most days and I was happy this morning because it wasn't too hot- I made it to work only a little sweaty. I've been wearing short sleeves at work but luckily I had a sweater at work because it was kind of chilly. But kind of chilly is fine for the ride home.

Except- ugh- it was cold, and there was a 30 mph headwind, and little drizzle. It took me almost 50 minutes (usually takes 35) to get home and it was like the most miserable ride I've every had. I did have a cool new jacket I bought just for biking but the fun of wearing it didn't beat out the misery of having to wear it.

Either the weather will be better tomorrow, or I'll be on the scooter!

No comments: