Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Funny kids

I will write more about my classes later. But here are a few funny things that have happened:

I was starting to teach about the Mayan empire in the social studies class. "Who knows what empire means?" I asked. A bunch of kids raised their hands. The first couple I called on I didn't know what they were talking about, then one says, "The man who is awake at night, and he wants to bite your neck..." I had a good laugh about that one. I was like, you think I'm going to spend 2 weeks teaching you about vampires in Mexico?

I was having them make like a little travel brochure for a place they'd gone on vacation. We have computer class once every 3 weeks so I was having them find pictures on the internet to put in it. A couple of boys were doing China and all of a sudden they're like, "Gross! Why is this here? Help us!" I go over and there's a page of picture results for very scantily clad women. I was like, what did you search for? They wanted to find the terracotta soldiers but didn't know how to spell it so they typed in "terri". At first I was mad but then I realized they didn't want to look at the girly pictures and wanted my help to get rid of them, so then I was relieved.

And one girl wrote about Florida. One paragraph was the food you can eat there: "There is Wendy's, Burger King, and Taco Bell. Wendy's has hamburgers and coca-cola. Burger King is the same. Taco Bell has Mexican food. Taco Bell is the best meal I have eaten all year." Awwww....

No comments: