Monday, December 19, 2005

Excellent Thai Soup

This is so good! I followed this recipe closely enough that I don't want to write it here:

http://thaifood.about.com/od/vegetarianthairecipes/r/veggilemongsoup.htm

The changes I made:
snap peas instead of brocolli
half as much coconut milk
used 1 tbs each oyster sauce and soy sauce
added some hot pepper flakes

I used dried lemongrass and kafir lime leaves, both of which are easy to buy in the "import" section of Carrefour or that one grocery store that has the Sinon Bulls baseball team. They are green, kind of expensive. Anyways there's a section with other Asian countries stuff and those are there.

It is seriously delicious especially on a cold day. If you are tofu-averse I think shredded chicken, or maybe eggs, would be OK substitutions.

No comments: