Monday, February 09, 2009

Costco

I went to Costco for the first time in my life- I went with a family in my congregation who has a membership. It was nice but it still had way more Taiwan things than American things. I did get cheese, pesto sauce, and frozen blueberries, random things I can't find elsewhere. And I got some things like oatmeal and soy milk that I'll easily go through. Oh, and a jug of salsa! I don't think it's worth it for me to get a membership, though. It's way on the other end of Taichung and just too much hassle to go there given the limited selection. A lot of the labels are still in Chinese so I can't read the nutrition labels. But it was nice to go and check it out.

Tomorrow is my first day of work! I'm a little nervous. Tomorrow is just prep, Wednesday I actually start teaching. It'll be nice to get into a routine. As much as I view myself as a kind of lazy person who only works hard because she has to, I'm looking forward to actually having something to do each day, other than ride my bike and cook.

No comments: