Monday, November 17, 2008

The plan, Stan

I'm coming home for a long visit in December and January.

It is kinda stressful times right now. Still working (ugh! what's up with that?) half-heartedly searching for a job, and finishing up lots of random stuff. I had planned to buy bookmarks as gifts for my students and colleagues but that morphed into designing my own Chinese/ English/ beautiful picture bookmarks, which if they work will be the awesomest thing ever.

I do have off from work this Thursday-Sat. I had planned to head down to Kenting and live it up dictator-style at Chiang Kai Shek's former private villa for really cheap but they just called to tell me they're temporarily closed down? Huh? And it turns out there's a big triathlon in Kenting this weekend (stupid triathletes) so everywhere's all booked.

My main goal is to relax and not speak Chinese. I'm thinking about going to a big hiking area near Alishan, a very famous scenic area that has too many people for my taste but this particular area is pretty remote but still has hotels. Or else an overnight bike trip- maybe to Guguan which is a hot-springs area past DongShi but that seems under-ambitious, or try to bike to Sun Moon Lake over 2 days and then bus back, but that seems over-ambitious. We'll see.

That's about it. So many cute pictures of my kids and their good-bye cards but the bookmark project is taking up all my time...

No comments: