Monday, June 09, 2008

It's summer

Man, I'd forgotten how much the heat takes it out of me. Today was the first really hot, not-cloudy day and it just beats down on you. I was up early for my swimming lesson then went out in service- pretty unprepared, no frozen water and no umbrella. Dumb! I kept passing up stands that sold tea or 7-11s that sold cold water, thinking I could power through- I've got to learn again that I need more breaks and more cold drinks when it's like this.

Took a quick nap in my ac'd bedroom and it really revived me. The cool thing is it only takes a few minutes in cold AC and I'm myself again.

I've been wearing my arm tubes again when I drive my scooter and I got a little stripe of sunburn between my arm tubes and my shirt. Pretty stupid looking, esp. when I put on a shirt with shorter sleeves to wear to work. Don't worry, I'll post a picture of the arm tubes soon....

No comments: