Sunday, August 15, 2010

Things I'll Miss About Taiwan #2

Gettin some respect when I tell kids to be quiet!

Back home:
It's 12:30 in the morning. Darn kids out on the street making a crazy ruckus.
Me: "It's really late. Could you keep it down."
Darn kids: "Hahaha! Did you hear what that lady said!"

Taiwan:
It's 11:30 at night. Cute kids out in the tiled area that separates the apartment building making a ruckus. My shouts of "be quiet!" from the 7th floor didn't work, so I went outside.
Me: "Do you know what time it is?"
Kid: "sorry, sorry, auntie."
Me: "Where are your parents?"
Kids: (run in fear)

Now that's what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Justin12 said...

That was cool. Thanks for sharing that story. I just discovered your blog somehow from a google search for taiwan teacher blog, and whammo! Here's yours...
I've read a few entries and I've concluded that it's pretty cool.
Keep going....
Justin