Saturday, December 12, 2009

facebook inferiority complex

I just read about this new phenomenon- basically, people spend so much time reading perky facebook updates (or blog updates) that they feel bland or depressed in comparison... and of course post perky updates of their own.

I guess no one wants to tell The Internet that they've made poor choices that make them unhappy. Also I feel like negative posts on my blog get a little too much attention- what is just a regular run-of-the-mill bad day becomes something much bigger. I do make a somewhat conscious effort to share the bad with the good but even then the bad is usually presented humorously.

On the one hand you could say that it's good that revealing yourself on the internet kind of forces you to look at the positive... but I guess we have to be careful to take the bad with the good in realy life and with our real-life friends?

Back to our regularly scheduled Life in Taiwan soon... :)

No comments: