Thursday, April 02, 2009

Random stuff

The arm is getting better- now just a smaller purple lump. Everyone in Taiwan seems to want to hit my arm for emphasis when they're talking to me. I never noticed it before now.

I am trying to be patient with myself. I really miss exercise- I really need it to keep my craziness in check- and the arm still hurts if I do much running. So I do this lame run/ walk thing. In fact the other day I was walking along the bike path where I usually jog and some random man hanging around outside a factory said, "You're not running today?" I was like, no, crazy stalker man. I also have to be patient with myself on the bike. I'm trying not to push it too much, partially because I still haven't gotten it checked out at the bike shop (eek, I know). And I never realized that almost no one ever passed me when I'm riding a bike. Like, if someone passed me they were either on a road bike or had calves that were like a foot in diameter. But now all kinds of people are passing me. Even, gasp, a woman on a bike like mine?!? But I am anxious to get riding fast(er) again and especially tackle some mountains.

Teaching is pretty good. My students have mid-terms next week. Also they're developing more disgusting food combinations. Like I told them I eat oatmeal with bananas and peanut butter every morning. They were all like "ew!" So then when it came time to make sentences with ketchup one kid said, "Teacher Christina puts ketchup on her oatmeal." At first I was punishing kids for making disgusting sentences, but then I realized they don't know it's disgusting. Why is ketchup on oatmeal more disgusting than peanut butter? Indeed.

No comments: