Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Just had a long weekend for Mid-Autumn or Moon festival. The first full moon of fall I guess. Everyone does BBQ and, naturally, sets of fireworks all hours of the day and night.

I stayed in Taichung but went hiking in Dakeng, the mountain wilderness area next to Taichung. I guess I did the easy trails before! The ones we did were rated 2 difficulty out of 5, but that must be on a scale of 1 being climing a set of stairs straight to the top of a 1 km mountain, and 5 being Mt. Everest. A lot of the trail was raised over the ground and made of round logs that weren't always right next to each other, and then big parts of it were like a round log ladder and you had to climb it with ropes. I don't think you could build trails like that in the US without getting sued but here, it's like, don't be stupid and hurt yourself, OK?

I got really sweaty- even walking slowly you just sweat so much. It was a fun experience though. We saw a monkey cross the trail! So crazy, this close to a city of 1 million people- probably only 3 miles away from Taichung.

Now, back to work...

No comments: