Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's cold and rainy today- the first really cold and rainy day in a long time. By cold I mean upper 50s/ low 60s. I know, not very cold. I have yet to find an accurate weater forecast though- most sites forecast cold and rain every day but it almost never rains.
I feel healthy for the first time in a few weeks. I got a stomach virus last weekend and that was terrible, and I felt just run-down and coughing. Right now I'm blowing my nose a lot but I actually feel good. I also just got my health insurance card so I can go to the doctor without fear if I need to. But my roommates have gone to the doctor and they always get this absurd amount of medicine- like Kathryn had the same thing I have had (sore throat and general malaise) and she had to take five pills 3 or 4 times a day. But I guess if you are sick it's good to have. I also hear that you can go get massages, accupuncture, etc from Chinese doctors (who practice Chinese medicine) and only pay the ridiculously low copay (like $3) but I have yet to find these places.
I should be starting Chinese classes next week- Hess is offering them for fairly cheap. I will have to take the "Basic" class (below beginner) to learn bopomofo (the Taiwanese phonetic alphabet). There is also a Beginner Conversation class- hopefully they will let me in that as well. I have been picking up some more Chinese, though, and I've been practicing writing characters.

No comments: